Rules and regulations on fishing and general lake usage are as follows:
- No private boats or swimming allowed in the lake.
- All North Carolina wildlife regulations apply.
- Persons under the age of 16 do not need a fishing license.
- Gaston County residents using natural bait (worms, corn, etc.) do not need a fishing license.
- Fisherman using anything other than natural bait need a license.
- Out of state visitors must have a fishing license.
- You may keep two largemouth bass under 14 inches. The rest, up to a daily creel limit of 8, must be over 14 inches.